We have maintained our SQF Certification for the past 4 years. With much hard work and commitment to details, our Global-Pak team has achieved the following test scores:
- 2013 - 100/100 Excellent Rating
- 2014 - recertification 99/100 Excellent Rating
- 2015 - recertification 99/100 Excellent Rating
- 2016 - recertification 99/100 Excellent Rating
We also maintain:
- SQF Level 2 Certified - Level 2 is a certified HACCP food safety plan that is benchmarked by GFSI
- GFSI Compliant
- Own & Operate SQF Certified Warehousing Facility
- All food grade FIBC manufacturing partners hold certificates which fall under the GFSI scheme
SQF stands for Safe Quality Food and is a food safety certification program. The two main benefits it provides for an organization are:
- A rigorous system to manage food safety risks and provide safe products for use by companies in the food industry.
- A recognized food safety certification. This allows your customers to have confidence in your food safety program and know that you have a rigorous food safety system in place.
Acquiring the SQF certification takes time, effort and attention to detail in order to meet your needs . We were able to achieve the level of excellence required in order to provide food grade bags for our customers by maintaining a food grade storage facility, implementing good manufacturing process(GMP), developing an indepth supplier approval program among other procedural tasks.
SQF, by the SQF Institute
, is recognized by GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative).
This gives you the recognition you need to supply products to leading manufacturers and retails worldwide. More and more retailers and manufacturers are asking for GFSI recognized certification. Both food processors and food packaging manufacturers are becoming certified to meet customer demands and to stay competitive in the marketplace.
GFSI Scope "M" - Production of Food Packaging
The following are third-party food safety schemes that have been recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative for the production of food packaging. Click on the individual scheme logo below for additional information.
British Retail Consortium (BRC) - BRC Global Standard For Packaging & Packaging Materials; Issue 4
Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI) - SQF Code 7th Edition; Level 2
Food Safety System Certification 22000 (FSSC) - FSSC 22000 October 2011 Issue
International Featured Standards (IFS) - IFS PACsecure, Version 1
The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is an industry-driven initiative providing thought leadership and guidance on food safety management systems necessary for safety along the supply chain. This work is accomplished through collaboration between the world's leading food safety experts from retail, manufacturing and food service companies, as well as international organizations, governments, academia and service providers to the global food industry. They meet together at technical working group and stakeholder meetings, conferences and regional events to share knowledge and promote a harmonized approach to managing food safety across the industry. GFSI is facilitated by The Consumer Goods Forum
(CGF), a global, parity-based industry network, driven by its members.
More About GFSI: http://www.mygfsi.com/about-us/about-gfsi/what-is-gfsi.html
GFSI Fact Sheet: http://www.mygfsi.com/files/Information_Kit/Fact_Sheets/1_GFSI_Overview_NAmerica.pdf
"Global Food Safety Initiative." MyGFSI. Web. Jan. 2017.