The rapid and widespread adoption of FIBCs has been amazing. When you consider the benefits compared to alternative rigid containers, it’s easy to see why:
- FIBCs can be used to store and transport a wide range of dry flowable product (chemicals, minerals, food, agricultural, building & construction materials, pharmaceutical products, etc.)
- They are customizable to fit specific needs for size and capacity, filling and discharging methods, lining, sift proofing, handling features, labeling, etc.
- Empty FIBCs are lightweight and can be folded flat and compact, driving space savings and lower storage cost
- FIBCs can be handled, transported and stored without pallets due to lifting loops
- They are durable and tough
- FIBCs have an extremely low weight compared to the products they carry. You can ship one ton of product with a package weighing as little as 5-7 lbs. This means lower shipping weight and lower shipping cost
- By printing your company name on the FIBC you gain additional brand awareness
- FIBCs are affordable
- And lastly, they are recyclable
As you can see, there are many reasons that FIBCs are taking over the bulk packaging industry. If you have any questions about these benefits, or how your company might be able to switch, please reach out to our team!